1.2.11

Head Wounds

I was in the desert. There had been feuds going on between the Native Americans and certain white people. Most of them were on the opposing side, but there were also some on the resistance. I was in a jeep getting filled in on what was happening. There was a giant wall made out of those really tall hedges that look like trees. On one side of the hedge were giant rocks and the wilderness and there was one man standing there. He must have been a guard. On the other side there were groups of small houses. I remember seeing an old empty chicken coop, and I thought, “This is my father’s house.” That’s where we were headed, to my father’s house, a safe place to be.

But when we got there it wasn’t safe any more. There were shouts of danger approaching. It sounded like the enemy was coming from up ahead in helicopters, or that’s what the shadows looked like. I ran into one of the sheds and immediately regretted it. It was the first shed there and was probably the least safe. Then people were dropped to the ground by the helicopters and started firing at the sheds.

Then an African woman came into my shed with a gun and shot at me. She shot me in the head. I couldn’t feel the pain, but I knew I was still alive. I knew the bullet had only grazed me so I played dead and waited for her to leave. She came to my body and touched my skin. She said, “still warm.” Then she pulled out a knife. She cut a string that was around my neck and then tried to wretch this silver necklace from me. But she had to use both her hands in order to take off the clasp. So she put her knife down and in a flash I grabbed it and held it to her throat. She looked so frightened. Then someone helped me put her in this car and we started to drive off. It was so much quieter compared to the noises of the attack.

We showed her how the people she was working for didn’t even care about her. We showed her that even though they knew she was alive they would not come back for her. Then we drove back to the safe place. When I got out of the car I rushed out and ran to my family. It wasn’t really me though. This was a blond woman with a white dress with blood running from her head to her dress. She had a husband and children. They were safe and were overjoyed to see her. With tears in their eyes they held her close.

After the attack was over people started to take care of the fallen…fin

No comments:

Post a Comment